Any moment of any day can become a special occasion...
Farm fresh eggs...
Hydrangeas, china, linens and lace...
Soft Boiled Eggs
1. Place eggs into saucepan. Add enough water to cover completely. Sprinkle a pinch of salt into the water, and bring water to a boil. Medium eggs will need about three minutes of boiling time and large to extra-large eggs will need about four to five minutes.
2. Remove the eggs immediately, and serve in egg cups.
A correctly cooked soft boiled egg will have a firm, but not rubbery, white and a runny to soft yellow. Soft boiled eggs are best served in egg cups. Traditionally the small side of the egg is facing down. Once the egg is placed into the egg cup, simply cut off the top third of the egg with egg scissors or carefully use a sharp knife. Serve with a toasted English muffin.
Fluffy Home-Style Pancakes
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
Stack pancakes warm, sprinkle with a touch of cinnamon and powdered sugar. Serve immediately with fresh room temperature butter and warm maple syrup.
Life is short so do what you can to make it special...