1. Take apart the frame by carefully removing
the backing and glass.
2. Paint frame and allow it to dry completely.
3. Sand the frame to give an aged appearance and
4. Carefully mark the center of the two short
ends of the frame to place the handles.
5. Use a drill to start the holes in the frame
so the wood does not split.
6. Screw the handles into place.
7. Cut a piece of mat board and foam core to fit
inside the frame.
8. Select a doilie or piece of lace to feature
on the tray. Glue the linen in place with fabric glue.
To protect the integrity of a linen with sentimental value, sew it to a piece
of archival quality mat board instead of using glue.
9. Clean the glass and place it into the tray
then gently add the mat and foam core.
the foam core into the frame by nailing small brads along the perimeter. Do not
nail too closely to the corners or the glass may break.