pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Friday, October 21, 2011

Zeeryp Cottage Before & After

Here is the next design renovation project on the grounds of the Island Inn on Sanibel...Zeeryp Cottage.

*click on images to enlarge


The design for Zeeryp Cottage came very effortlessly. The space had great bones...but it was in desperate need of some TLC. For those of you who have followed my design work over the years...and may I say "thank-you" for all the support and encouragement...you know that my personal style is a pale wash of white and cream blended with antiques used in a modern way.

This cottage called to me on such a personal level. As with any project, budget was a concern. It was determined early on that I would need to use as many of the existing resources that the property had to offer. Back in the planning stages of this project, I went through years of collected mirrors, prints and lamps that were tucked away in storage. I found a series of old black and white bird photographs that were taken years ago here on the island by one of the shareholders of the Island Inn...Mr. Harold Lee.

Those photographs were the inspiration for the design of Zeeryp Cottage...Enjoy!













Walking out of this cottage for the last time tugged on my heart strings a bit. The space encompasses all the things that bring me so much joy on such a personal level...the beach, the sea air, the birds, the old black and white photography, the architecture and of course...the color palette.

Oh well...off to the next project!


1 comment :

  1. Wow! Melinda it is a beautiful cottage. It's light and airy and very welcoming. I love it!

    Your blog is lovely. I'm glad you shared the link with me. I'll be back.

    Have a wonderfully blessed weekend.

    Warmly, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete