My Mom makes...hands down...the best chocolate chip cookies!
Writing and photographing for magazines offers me the opportunity
to share many things and I was so thrilled to share
her recipe for yummy home-made chocolate chippers.
Nothing fancy...but utterly scrumptious.
I thought I would post her recipe just in case you are in search
of something yummy to take to a 4th of July celebration
¾ cup of butter
¾ of brown sugar
¾ cup of white sugar
1 t vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
12 ounces chocolate chips
1. Using an electric mixer, cream ¾ cup of butter, ¾ of brown sugar, ¾ cup of white sugar, and one teaspoon of vanilla.
2. Continue mixing and add two eggs (one at a time)
3. Beat until smooth
4. In a separate bowl combine 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 t of baking soda and ¼ t of salt
5. Add the dry mixture slowly into the mixing bowl to incorporate
6. Once incorporated add 12 ounces of chocolate chips and stir
7. Drop by rounded spoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 10 minutes
9. Allow cookies to stand on the cookie sheet for one minute then remove to a clean surface to cool.
The only thing better than her cookies...
is actually sharing them with her!
Love you Momma...