In the May issue of Romantic Homes magazine,
I wrote a piece about Mother's Day and featured a recipe
from a very special friend. In case you missed it...and you are looking for an easy sweet treat to make on Father's Day...
here it is!
2 cans buttermilk biscuits
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat the bottom of one 9” x 13” pan or 2 8” rounds with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Mix the cinnamon and sugar and set aside in a medium sized bowl.
4. Cut the biscuits into quarters.
5. Dip sections of the biscuits into the cinnamon and sugar mixture until completely coated and place in the pan.
6. In a small saucepan, mix butter and brown sugar.
7. Stir until the mixture is melted and well incorporated.
8. Pour melted butter and brown sugar mixture over the biscuits.
9. Bake for 30 minutes.
10. Serve warm and dust with powdered sugar.
* To make a finishing glaze simply mix 1 cup powdered sugar,
2 tablespoons milk and ½ teaspoon of vanilla.
Hand mix until you reach the desired consistency.
Adjust amounts accordingly.
I hope your Father's Day weekend is filled with wonderful memories of the special men in your lives. I know my heart will be with my dad. After all I am still very much Daddy's little girl.