pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014

new american homesteader

It's here! The premiere issue of the magazine
New American Homesteader
is officially on newsstands.
It is such an honor for me to be a part of this new magazine. Reading this magazine...for me...is like going home!
Do you want to get back to basics?
Are you a country girl at heart?
Does a simpler life sound appealing to you?
This magazine is for you!!!



My article is called "Spring for Savings". I try to give a few ideas for up-cycling household items into clever means of organization. Here are just couple of things to get you started...
 



 
To read the article I hope you will rush out to pick up a copy! The entire magazine is a joy to read from cover to cover. 
 
Here are just a few topics in this issue...
 
~how to make beautiful homemade soaps
~the 5 step backyard planning guide
~homemade chevre...making goat cheese from scratch
~seed starting secrets
~fresh ideas for farm-fresh eggs...homegrown recipes
~chicken coop inspirations
~household cleaners made from items in the pantry
...and so much more!
 
Thanks for taking a peek...
 
 
 

9 comments :

  1. Best homesteading magazine I've read, can't wait for the next one!
    -Christian from New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christian! I'm so glad you liked it! I am so happy to be a part of the premiere issue. When I saw the finished magazine I thought it was beautiful and informative from cover to cover. I hope others feel the same way we do and it becomes a regular publication...fingers crossed!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this for my husband as part of his "deployment package" as he's very much into being self-sufficient in our outdoor space. He's already loving it and looking for more. He's never wanted a magazine subscription before, but he really wants one for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sending this note! It has totally made my day and touched my heart. This is the premier issue of this magazine. It is uncertain if it will become a special addition or a regular or bimonthly magazine. It all depends on the response. I will certainly forward your message and wonderful comments to the editor! On a separate note...please thank your husband on my behalf for his service. I would also like to thank you for being a wonderful supportive wife! I will keep you, your husband and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you again for reaching out. A huge blessing to my day. Hugs
      Melinda

      Delete
  4. I just picked this magazine up...I love it!! Can I subscribe?? I didn't see any info and can't find out how online either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! This magazine was a special addition publication. I am hopeful it becomes a regular publication but it all depends on sales and response. I will forward your email to the editor! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! And I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the issue!!! Best to you...
      Melinda

      Delete
  5. I just picked up this magazine and I love it!! How can I subscribe?? I'm not finding any info within the magazine or online either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melinda, please add my hope to the editor of New American Homesteader that it becomes a regular publication. America needs this magazine! More and more of us are growing weary of being at the mercy of the rest of the world and hope to become more self-sufficient and to raise our children and grandchildren with some of the joy we experienced growing up. We aren't revolutionaries; merely folks who rejoice in getting back to our roots and experiencing God's creation in a simpler, more fulfilling way. Thanks very much!

    Blessings,
    Deborah Dee Harper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to send this note! I couldn't agree more. I'll certainly send along your lovely note. Thank you again. May God bless you and your family!!!
      Melinda

      Delete