Have you recovered from the excitement...and the food...of the Thanksgiving weekend? Well...tis the season to eat eat eat! If you are anything like me, I can hardly get over one holiday before the next one arrives. Due to the long to-do lists, my baking duties seem to drop in priority every year. However, your emails have lit a fire under me and I'm getting out my recipe box. A number of people requested the chocolate chip cookie recipe for the cookies featured in the November issue of Romantic Homes magazine.
See the tiny little plate of cookies
awaiting Santa's arrival...
My mom gets the credit!
It's her awesome recipe...
¾ cup of butter
¾ of brown sugar
¾ cup of white sugar
1 t vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
1 t baking soda
½ t salt
12 ounces chocolate chips
1. Using an electric mixer, cream ¾ cup of butter, ¾ of brown sugar, ¾ cup of white sugar, and one teaspoon of vanilla.
2. Continue mixing and add two eggs (one at a time)
3. Beat until smooth
4. In a separate bowl combine 2 1/2 cups of flour, 1 t of baking soda and ¼ t of salt
5. Add the dry mixture slowly into the mixing bowl to incorporate
6. Once incorporated add 12 ounces of chocolate chips and stir
7. Drop by rounded spoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 10 minutes
9. Allow cookies to stand on the cookie sheet for one minute then remove to a clean surface to cool.
There are few things better than a house filled with the aroma of fresh baked cookies! Whether you are baking for friends, family, Santa...or yourself...this recipe will be sure to please!