pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

a day for love...

Why does romance only get one day of recognition? It is an important part of life. It doesn't matter if you are in a relationship or single. Romance is a lifestyle. It can be a way to pay homage to elegant periods in history. Finding beauty in the mundane made for a graceful existence. The Victorians fully appreciated this philosophy. I try to integrate romance into every part of my life from the adorable vintage clothes I wear...
 
 
to the handkerchiefs in my purse...
 
 
 to the lovely hats prominently displayed in my home.
 
 
I love to set my table with mix and match floral dishes...
 
 
making an everyday dinner a fanciful affair.

 
I dress my beds with vintage linens...
 
 
I even try to iron my pillowcases.

 
I adore antique sewing notions...
 
 
...charming books as well as other ephemera...

 
...and I have a real affinity for oddities like these delightful flowers made from tiny seashells.

 
There are many things in this world I do not understand. But I do fully understand and embrace a romantic lifestyle. Let February 14th be the kick-off for adding a little romance into your world. It can be as simple as placing a few fresh flowers on a nightstand or eating lunch on real china. It can be the start to a beautiful way of living.
Happy Valentine's Day!


1 comment :