pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

focusing on fall

I am officially inspired!
After looking back over the tour of Kelly's collections and beautiful home, I am ready to keep digging through my kitchen collectables in search of more fall décor.

 
I love using my tattered old dress form to display all sorts of vintage clothing...depending on the season. For fall, she proudly dons an old apron. I also love to display everything from eggs to apples in my old metal egg baskets.


Juicers are not typically associated with late fall, but now that I live in South Florida, this is the season for picking fresh limes, oranges and lemons!

 
I am crazy for old grinders and this one fits right into the decor with the pretty apple red metal ring around the lid.

 
Potato mashers are pulled out of the cabinet and ready for dispaly...soon it will be time to put them to work making Thanksgiving dinner!

 
My rolling pins are workhorses. I still love to give them a place to be herished in my kitchen.


It may seem a little silly to change the salt and pepper shakers for each season. But I have so many sets that I love! Changing them from time to time gives me a chance to appreciate them!

 
I wish I had vintage scales in every color. Since mine are black, they take center stage this time of year!

 
I think wooden spoons are underappreciated because they are so utilitarian. Yet I love them beause they do work so hard! Plus they remind me of generations past. I feel like I'm cooking with my grandma...even if only in spirit!

 
I was inspired to dig through my collections in search of fall decor. Now I hope you are inspired too!
 
 


1 comment :