pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

snowbirds

January in South Florida on the Gulf of Mexico means one thing...
the snowbirds are here!
For those who don't know this phenomenon, Northerners flock to the South to soak up the warmth and sunshine.
Snowbirds are the inspiration for my January decor.
 
 
Not the "people snowbirds"...
actual birds are my inspiration!

 
Several years ago I photographed and wrote about some of my favorite January decorations for Victorian Homes magazine.

 
January is a tough month for decorating. I'm not ready to part with all my festive Christmas decorations, so I edit and leave out my winter "snowbirds".

 
I pack away the red and green, pine garlands and wreaths...but I leave out my precious vintage bird ornaments and anything snowy, white, silver and gold.

 
I love my glittering nests too...




 
I also showcase my collection of vintage costume jewelry. The special pieces from my grandmother take center stage.

 
Wishing all of you a peaceful,
warm and sparkling New Year!
 


4 comments :

  1. Thanks for the lovely photos. Your photography is outstanding as always. looking forward for more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what interesting ways to display the birds and remind the viewer that spring is around the corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoying looking at the beautiful birds in your blog. We’ve had 6 inches of snow here today so I am feeding my birds to keep them happy. Keep the beautiful article is coming.

    ReplyDelete