pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Saturday, February 10, 2018

ready...set...romance

Valentine's Day is right around the corner!
I wanted to share a quick and easy way to create a centerpiece for a coffee table, foyer table or dining table.
 
 
I try to advocate "using what you have" to decorate. I am the first to splurge on beautiful fresh flowers and plants for my garden. However, for holidays like Valentine's Day I try to rummage through my closets and cupboards for decorations.

 
For this centerpiece, I started with a tray. You could also use a large platter. When you create a tablescape on a platter or tray, you can move it from one room to another if you are entertaining.

 
First, come up with a color palette. I selected pink, purple and green. Next I dug out vintage Christmas ornaments, beautiful ephemera and silk flowers from my Easter decorations. 

 
I placed the florals in large pink cut glass bowls, then I peppered in some green votives for lovely warm candlelight.

 
Finally, I added layers of mix and match vintage floral china.

 
Whether you are going to have a romantic dinner for two or host a fun couples dinner party...
use what you have to make a creative and colorful centerpiece from the heart!
Happy decorating...


1 comment :

  1. how do you do it? crazy colors come together to make a lovely romantic display

    ReplyDelete