pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Friday, June 29, 2018

garden bench upcycle

Garden season is in full bloom!
It is also the right time to make sure you are organized. A good way to stay organized is to tidy up the potting bench. Of course I use upcycled vintage items. My bench needs to be as pretty as it is functional!
 
 
This is an insert out of an old metal tool box. I made the tool box into a planter and I kept the insert (I can never get rid of anything). I'm glad I did! It makes a perfect garden caddy.

 
Old recipe boxes are always on my radar when I'm out picking. I use them for so many things. My favorite use is to organize my seed packets. I like to keep them and include a 3x5 notecard with helpful hints: when I planted, how they grew, how long they lasted, etc. It's nice to look back and have references for years to come!

 
It's not too early to be preparing for next year's garden. I like to keep a journal of notes about the weather, temperatures, rainfall, pests as well as important information such as what was happy and what withered. I covered my journal with an old weathered yet beautiful book binding.
 
 
Gardens are forever...if you insure their future. Stay organized now and it will help you for years to come!
 
 


1 comment :