pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Friday, October 26, 2018

autumn in a different light

Fall on a warm sunny island is nothing like fall in the hills of West Virginia. It is beautiful...just a different kind of beautiful. I love warm neutral tones and that never changes, but they seem to make the most sense this time of year.
 
 
This is the guest bedroom of my home on Sanibel. The colors are as warm as the sun streaming through the windows...

 
 
Fall on Sanibel still means 85 degree days but I love to decorate with pretty knit blankets... and sea shells of course!

 
Warm natural wood pairs perfectly with sepia toned framed vintage prints.

 
My decorating go to's for fall
(or anytime at all!)...
Natural wood, Ironstone, transferware and sea shells.
 
 
The article about my home, written and photographed for Romantic Homes really captured these warm hues...
 
 

 
If you're looking for a little fall decorating inspiration, think about adding some brown transferware or Ironstone full of seashells to your pretty autumnal vignettes.
 
 
Pretty for fall...or any time at all!
 


1 comment :

  1. I like the way way you mall Fall soft. I love shells and the idea of leaving them out in the fall is great

    ReplyDelete