pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Friday, October 9, 2015

flea marketing for fabulous fall finds...

Although I truly appreciate color, I tend to surround myself in a cloud of creamy white. I find a pale palette at home to be quite soothing. It also allows for ease of changing my décor every season. As many of you know, I live on an island. It is beautiful and tropical...but not exactly an ideal spot to find mums and pumpkins. As autumn approaches, our weather doesn't really resemble that of my memories of fall in the hills of West Virginia. To remind myself of Northern October bliss, I do try to add autumnal touches around my home. I shared a few of my favorite neutral seasonal decorations in the Fall issue of Flea Market Décor magazine...

 
ceramic pumpkin, cornucopia and pheasant...


 
dried and painted gourds...



 
painted papier mache....



 
The entire issue is filled with loads of
inspirational autumnal décor!
 


 I really hope you enjoyed the issue. Happy decorating...

2 comments :

  1. Beautiful as always, Melinda! I surely wouldn't mind spending autumn.....through winter of course....surrounded by your tropical bliss, and would gladly trade pumpkins for seashells any day. :) lol

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Laurie. It is very hard to complain about living here. But a part of my country girl upbringing really misses piles of pumpkins and stairwells lined with mums. I hope fall is off to a beautiful start for you! Sanibel will be awaiting your return...

      Delete