pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Monday, September 4, 2017

cute condo...part one

With summer coming to an end, we shift our attention to the approaching autumnal season. I thought I would share a condo I designed as a model for a lovely complex near Sanibel Island. I don't know if I was subconsciously missing home, but once it was finished I could clearly see hints of a fall color palette straight out of the hills of West Virginia.
 
 
It's fun and funky...

 
When decorating small spaces,
I think it's important to keep the accessories
to a select few special items
like this blown glass vase.  

 
Mixing old with new, hard lines with soft furnishings and unexpected touches (like river stones in a lamp) create unique and interesting spaces.

 
Repurposed old wooden shutters were used to make this amazing storage console table.

 
It is also a good idea to have a balance...
symmetry is key for rooms that don't have a lot of square footage.

 
Open concept floor plans allow for additional seating...

 
...that can be used in the living area
when company arrives.

 
A simple yet elegant table setting can be enjoyed every day or for special occasions.

 
Even though a fall color scheme is pretty clear, it does seem to mesh the best of northern and southern colors. It was a fun project. I will share the rest of the images in part two of this little condo tour. Thanks for visiting! I really appreciate it.

1 comment :