pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

pretty pairings

After my last post, I was inspired to indulge in color again in an unexpected way. I think most of us strive to set a beautiful Thanksgiving table. I want to encourage you to dig into your stash of pretty china and create a beautifully colorful tablescape.

 
This beautiful pitcher is the inspiration for the table.

 
All the colors of transferware I pulled are found in the pitcher.

 
Normally I would separate my transferware and use one, maybe two, colors at a time.
 
 
Not to mention the fact that I almost exclusively use brown, grey or black transferware in the fall.

 
However, the colorful floral centerpiece featured in my last post really inspired me to push the envelope!

 
Get thinking outside the box. And don't forget to pour a festive glass of bubbly pink champagne!
Happy Thanksgiving...
 
 


3 comments :

  1. This is a very pretty but unexpected color palette for fall. It makes me feel better about having a cabinet full of stuff where nothing matches. Why does it look so bad when I put my mix and match stuff together and this looks so intentional? Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question! Can you find an inspiration piece like the platter I chose for the blog? It can be a centerpiece, a decorative plate, a tablecloth or even a print on the wall in the room you are going to set the place settings. Then use the colors in the inspiration piece for your table. Use solid colors from the piece or white with accents from your color palette. Hopefully once you get started it will become easier...and fun!!! Be brave and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you take unusual colors and make them look like they belong together? Different shades of purples and blues and then make them look like Fall. A nice change from orange and brown

    ReplyDelete