pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Monday, December 3, 2018

a few of my favorite things

One of the most popular projects I ever developed for a magazine article was one I was very reluctant to write. I love to make things that are really sentimental. This project was based on the song lyrics... "these are a few of my favorite things".
 
I wanted to make a wreath made out of my favorite things. So the first thing I needed to do was come up with my list...
 
ONE
vintage figurine ornaments
 
 
TWO
tiny mittens
 
 
THREE
demitasse cups
 
 
FOUR
birds and nests
 
 
FIVE
glass ornaments
 
 
SIX
small bottle brush trees
 
 
SEVEN
holiday ephemera
 
 
EIGHT
handkerchiefs
 
 
NINE
pretty colored pencils
 
 
TEN
old buttons
 
 
The easy part was coming up with my top ten favorite things. Now it was time to turn this beautiful pile vintage treasures into a wreath. Stay tuned...! You'll see the finished project and I'll share why I was reluctant to put this in a magazine...
 


1 comment :

  1. You never to fail to come up with ideas for using things I already love. Your photography is awesome

    ReplyDelete