pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Friday, February 7, 2020

feeling the love

Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I thought I would share one of my collections with you as well as how I like to display my treasures.
 
 
Most of my cabinets are filled with white Ironstone and Transferware. So adding my vintage souvenir shell boxes is a seamless fit.

 
I also have some beautiful old ephemera including postcards, letters and prints. My collections come from thrift shops, flea markets and yard sales.

 
Filling a single cabinet makes for a splendid
and eye-catching display.

 
The vintage shell floral arrangement is a spectacular
addition to the collection!

 
Each tiny trinket box is a little different.

 
One tip to creating a visually interesting display is to create levels within the vignette. I always look for mini shelves and cubbies like this... 

 
Most old shell boxes have a red velvet interior but my heart flutters when I find black!

 
They are such a beautiful addition to the
black and grey Transferware.

 
Some little displays come together naturally like these 3 flat zig-zag shells on a beautiful antique plate!

 
Whether you have a single postcard and a shell or two or an entire collection like this, I hope you are inspired to get them out and display them this Valentine's Day!
 


2 comments :