pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Monday, February 3, 2020

shopping in my closet

For all the years I worked in television and for magazines, I always wanted to feature a segment or article about "shopping" in your own closet. I clearly have a signature look that has not changed in years. Some may think it's a little boring but it's me. But I do like to get inspired by looking at my favorite catalogs that come to the house. So I have decided to share a section of my blog about shopping in my closet armed with inspiration from my stash of favorite catalogs.
 
 
This inspiration outfit comes from the Sundance catalog. One of my absolute favorites. But it's not an inexpensive look.
For the outfit as it is seen in the picture...
top $98
jeans $118
belt $450
jewelry $3,540
hat $70
 
So I decided to shop in my closet for similar pieces. Keep in mind I love shopping in thrift shops, flea markets, sales and of course... discount box stores!
 
top J. Jill from a thrift shop $5
jeans Ruff Hewn on sale $35
 
 
belt thrift shop $3
 
 
jewelry cuff and 3 bracelets $50, 20, 15, 15
earrings on sale TJ Maxx $10
long multi-strand necklace thrift shop $35
silver Indian wedding necklace $750
(this was my splurge and I worked
all through college to pay for it!)
 
 
I wore a suede bootie with this look that I bought on sale at Target for $20. A similar pair at Sundance are $650.
 
 
So let's do some math...
Sundance outfit with jewelry  $4,926
without jewelry $1,386
 
Shopping in my closet
outfit with jewelry $953
without jewelry $63
 
 
I had to add a hat to the look and the closest thing I have is my in-laws  paternal grandfather's hat. It's even more special because it has sentimental meaning!
 
 
I hope you are inspired to take a shopping trip in your closet! My inspiration catalogs are Sundance,
J. Jill, Eileen Fisher and Garnet Hill.
Happy "shopping"!
 
 


4 comments :

  1. I want to shop in your closet!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have plenty to share! Probably too much but I love stuff. I can't help it! Hahaha!

      Delete
  2. I’m biased,as usual, but you continue to look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but I can't take the credit! I have good genes... thanks mom and dad! I love you!!!

      Delete