pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

nothing goes to waste

It is hard for me to be quick to throw things away. The crafter in me wants to find a use and a purpose for everything. So I wanted to share what I did with the calamondin peels from the previous post. I love to dry citrus peels for all sorts of things...from potpourri to bath salts to tea infusions.
First start with the calamondin peels...
 
 
The calamondin-ade was a big hit! And the peels were so easy to remove in large pieces. Perfect for drying!

 
Once dry, I added them to my pile of favorite scented things from the garden and pantry...

 
I tend to like scents for the home that are a blend of citrus, spice and a subtle floral note. I added the calamondin peels to a potpourri in need of a pick-me-up. I also added dried lavender, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, rosemary and a few drops of lavender oil.

 
I will also use the spices and peels for tea infusions! It tastes great served hot or cold. You can also package the scented mixture for sachets!

 
Nothing feels better than a hot bath at the end of a long day. I will take all of the items from the potpourri blend and add oatmeal then grind everything to incorporate. Add the mixture to Epsom salts and voila...the perfect homemade bath salt!

 
Use your favorite dried ingredients to make wonderful household scents or flavorful tea infusions. Perfect for everyday or even better to give away as gifts! Now I just need to go pick more calamondins...
 
 
I do enjoy the simple things in life.
Every day is a gift...


3 comments :

  1. I just love everything here on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Victoria, you are always so quick to have something kind to say. I appreciate your support so very much!!! You are an inspiration. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. great way to use what you have on hand

    ReplyDelete