pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Saturday, January 16, 2021

fine art...?

 What do you picture when you hear...

a collection?

Is it fine works of art, a line of clothing or perhaps a library of rare books or old records.

Well, after spending so much time in my garden, it seems that one of my favorite collections is a random scatting of old garden items sprinkled around my home, porch and throughout the garden.

These old treasures speak to me and I love finding well worn garden tools at thrift shops and flea markets.

Some of my favorite things to find are...


weathered sundials and spritzers


broken rusty rakes


galvanized watering cans


terracotta pots in every shape and size


hose nozzles and sprinklers


metal wash stands


and precious garden statues


There are so many things that bring a smile to my face and many of those things have to do with gardening. I will decorate indoor as well as outdoor spaces with vintage garden collectibles.

Is it fine art...?

No not exactly. But, to me, old worn garden implements are every bit as lovely as a Monet.

Do you scour flea markets for a cherished treasure to add to your collection? I'm curious...

No comments :

Post a Comment