pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

the little things

 As I was looking through my bedroom pictures from the previous post, I realized it's the little details that are the things that speak to my heart. 


Junking and collecting have always been things that make me so happy. Although I have not been out and about since February of 2020, I find it fun to look through some of my little treasures and reminisce about the
"good ole days".


My various collections don't have any rhyme nor reason. Things just speak to my heart. The cohesion comes from a monochromatic color scheme since the mix of items are all so eclectic.



Some things are still out from my Christmas decorations. I love them so much that they might just stay out until next Christmas!

When looking at my bedroom, it really is the "little things" that make my heart sing. It's not just the visual beauty that speaks to my heart but it is in the memories that they evoke. Before moving to Florida, my momma was by my side throughout all of my junking adventures. So as I look at these little cuties, I revisit wonderful fun times with my mum!

What are some of your favorite things to collect?

I hope you have someone special that shares your adventures with you!

Happy junkin!

 


4 comments :

  1. I so enjoyed this - it gave me a little escape that I needed! I have a vintage camera collection and I also collect old glass sugar bowls. They're each unique, like little pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet both collections are really beautiful. I love your photography so much too. It's inspiring. Sending you hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many little collections. Green glazed pottery, deer, mushrooms, tole trays...they all make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a restful room. I love all the special touches. What a clever way to enjoy old Christmas ornaments beyond December. Great idea

    ReplyDelete