pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

romantic ephemera

 February is the month of romance.

Personally, I think romance should be a part of our lives every day all year long. There is something about love. It should have great importance in our world. Not just any kind of love but romantic love.

As Valentine's Day approaches, I like to look through my collection of vintage Valentines. There is just something about ephemera that fills my heart with joy. The old paper, the script, the use of language and the stunning graphics in radiant yet aged color.


Not only do I love to incorporate these tiny works of art into my decor, but I love to read the letters.


The next thing I know, I find myself hopelessly lost in a daydream in lives lived decades ago.





Several years ago, I styled the guest bedroom of my Sanibel house for a Valentine's Day magazine photo shoot.


Red transferware is another lovely addition for a Valentines vignette.


And I simply can't help myself, seashells are a part of every design and every season.

This certainly inspires me to add a little extra romance into my world. I think tonight is a good night to watch my favorite version of Cinderella (the 2015 film adaptation).

CLICK HERE

to watch the trailer.

Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. It's to find a way to display the treasures you find at flea markets, thrift stores and yard sales. They're too beautiful to just store them in a box (like I do)

    ReplyDelete