pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Friday, August 21, 2020

lace chairs

 It's official, I am on a lace kick as of late.

Since I've been sharing so much about how I incorporate vintage linens into my life, I thought I would share one of my favorite lace projects.

I covered a pair of oval back side chairs with all sorts of vintage lace, crochet and tatting.


I started with a pair of French country oval back side chairs with fluted legs and lovely carved floret designs.
The wood has a natural stain and white furniture wax finish to highlight the beautiful details.





There are more than 60 doilies, lace panels, crochet pieces and miscellaneous trimmings on the chairs. Every inch of the upholstery  on the front and back as well as the seat are embellished with assorted antique finery.


If you would like to try a project like this but are a bit intimidated, you could start with something small like a footstool.

I am so pleased with the finished chairs. To protect the lacework, I sprayed the finished chairs with Scotchgard.

No comments :

Post a Comment