pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

love of lace

 It's interesting how blogging lately has been a fluid process for me. meaning, one blog triggers a train of thought, then the next and the next. This blog is no different.

So in my previous post about the garden wash station, I mentioned that I like to use some of my stained or damaged old lace and linens to decorate my garden.

Truth be told, I pretty much surround myself with antique fabrics. They are my favorite color (all shades of white), they soften a space and I love the antiquity that they represent.

Here are some of the types of vintage linens that I collect...


table linens



antique collars



crochet pillow cases


miscellaneous lace trimmings


There is just something magical and lovely about old lace, crochet and linens. It warms my heart and conjures thoughts of an elegant way of life. Do you have old family linens hiding in a drawer, cupboard or a box in your home?

Why not get them out, iron the wrinkles and find a way to display them. It's hard to appreciate just how special these old pieces are if they are not being truly appreciated.

2 comments :

  1. I too collect vintage linens. They make my heart skip a beat! I use them in my daily life all over the house. Why hide their beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you also have a heart for vintage linens! It seems like a tragic loss for these beautiful treasures to remain in boxes, buried in cabinets or heaven forbid they get tossed out! I'm so honored that you stopped by and took the time to leave a comment! I stepped away from my blog but I'm back to sharing! Hopefully 2021 will be a better year for us all! Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete