pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Friday, January 24, 2020

appreciating winter...at the beach

Having a grateful heart is so important. And I thank the good Lord above for my family, friends and the warm sun on my face every single day. Living in a beautiful place is a blessing and it is important to share those blessing with others. I love to enjoy this amazing place by having sunset beach picnics with those I love.
 
 
Start with a simple setting. I love all things vintage so an old folding table covered with an antique quilt, a bench or wooden folding chairs and pillows are a good start. Prepare for twilight by bringing a few candles and lanterns. Then load a wagon with refreshments and gorgeous flowers!
 
 
I also like to bring a few things like a sketchbook or painting supplies and a camera to capture the sunset.
 

 
 
Don't overthink the menu. Especially for a sunset picnic.
It doesn't have to be fancy or catered or even a full dinner.
 
 
 A sunset picnic can be as simple as a few special desserts and a wonderful pitcher of fresh lemonade. 

 
It's all about spending time with the people I love and enjoying the beauty the God has created.
 
 
And giving thanks of course!
Entertaining should be a stress-free process. It's about the people, places and having a grateful heart.
Thanks for visiting!
 



4 comments :

  1. I want to come to one of your picnics! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so kind! I think the more the merrier! Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  2. great beach pictures! That's not easy to do with and get the lighting correct. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! You taught me so much about photography! And I appreciate it so much.

      Delete