pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

gorgeous grey

 Have you noticed the skyrocketing appeal of the color grey in interior design over the past couple of years?

I've been obsessed with shades of grey forever. Since my world is a wash of neutral tones, grey is a lovely companion "color".

A perfect example is my dining room.


I love the mix of natural wood, painted furniture, creamy neutrals and shades of grey.


I also mix together all of the things that speak to my heart like my love of beachy nautical treasures...


and a nod to my love for all things gardening.


A neutral grey palette looks wonderful with metallic silver like this collection of vintage watering cans.


I refinished this cabinet by painting the base in a soft off white distressed finish, I used an old world grey stain on the top and the hardware has an aged nickle patina.


The walls are two shades of grey separated by a white chair rail.


Old pewter, Ironstone and transferware are beautiful together.


Although this is a "formal" dining room, I do love to add timeworn pieces like this old cupboard and chicken coop that give the room a classic farmhouse feel.


Hiding inside this piece is a collection of stoneware, crystal and pewter.


I think the juxtaposition of formal with informal furnishings and accessories creates a lovely stylistic balance.


I hope that if you can take anything away from my design posts is that there really are no rules when it comes to designing your home. Take chances with mixing styles and pieces that speak to you. Take risks with paint. You can very easily repaint a room for a impactful and inexpensive change. Creating a room by starting with a neutral base, allows for the ability to make decorative changes with wonderful and interesting accessories.

Happy decorating!

No comments :

Post a Comment