pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Saturday, January 30, 2021

grey: a cool neutral

The previous post featured my grey dining room.

I took so many pictures, I thought I would share a few close-up images of the details. You will see that my collections of vintage things are pretty eclectic. Yet everything does speak to my soul and bring me joy...


I think at first glance you will notice that the variety of things I collect seem to have no rhyme nor reason.... 


...as in the frog sprinkler, antique stoneware and sea shells in the first picture to the flower frog, transferware and delicate feather in the above image.


I find beauty in everyday items like watch parts, old hymnals and antique dishware...


...and keys and aged pewter.


Antique English transferware was made in a variety of patterns, colors and types of dishware.


Even the table runner echos the colors of the walls in the room.


It may seem odd to display the small butter pats upside down, but I simply love the back-stamps of the English Ironstone manufacturer.


I mix in a variety of metals from galvanized metal to silver to pewter.


This simple vignette is comprised of an antique plaster wall sconce, a McCoy vase, sea fan and a vintage hand shovel relief. 


  And I have to include fresh greenery and plants. This gorgeous tropical leaf is in a macrame vase hanger made by my talented mom.

Although the collections do not have a single constant theme, they are all things that speak to my soul: antique transferware and ironstone, vintage gardening collectibles and nautical treasures.

But how does it all work together?

Color.

If you maintain a color palette, mixing and matching collectibles create a cohesive stylized design.

So display the things that speak to your soul. Surround yourself with the things that bring you joy!

No comments :

Post a Comment