pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

industrial design

There have been so many occasions in which I have been asked "what is your personal style"? That is such a hard question to answer. I would say modern shabby coastal farmhouse.
Not sure that's a style but it's my style! And to make it even more eclectic, I add industrial things to my décor.
Wow, sounds like a mess!
 
Here are some of my favorite
industrial pieces.
 
 
I simply adore this rolling cart!
I refinished the wooden top,
And the details make it
interesting and special.

 
Shoe makers forms are a must have
for this collection!

 
The small sizes are especially precious.

 
There is something so
beautiful about old watches and clocks.

 
Not only are they miniature
works of art...
but they remind me
of my Grandfather's pocket watch.
LOVE

 
I am also obsessed with old boxes.
I have wooden boxes everywhere.
And these mix in well...
 
 
They make me think of my daddy's garage.

 
 The best way to think about mixing industrial items with your décor is to "soften" them.
 
1. mix with pretty white accessories
2. add real plants
3. incorporate some natural wood finishes.
 
 These are the keys to blending
industrial materials into my décor.
 

1 comment :

  1. I never thought this would be something I would like. But I really like this a lot! I can't wait to see how you decorate other rooms. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete