pictures

              shop                               facebook                                blog

Saturday, April 4, 2020

flower market

Well, I can't stop thinking about how difficult these times are for so many people right now. I don't really have any special skills to offer the world. But I was raised in the church and my dad, our pastor, always said that the good Lord blessed us to all have talents. So maybe there is a way that I can do something.
Bring joy to my own
little corner of the world.
 
A free neighborhood flower stand.


Do you have a garden?

 
Do you have a heart for giving?
 
 

Maybe you can set up a free
front yard flower market!

 
Set up a clean table.
Gather some tissue paper or newsprint.
Bundle bouquets of flowers.

 
You don't have to have
flower arranging skills.

 
You can bundle all one type of flower together, wrap in paper and tie with ribbon or raffia.

 
Place your bundles in buckets with a little cold water in the bottom and create a lovely table display at the end of your driveway or in your front yard.

 
Be sure to place a sign on the table
 
FREE TO A GOOD HOME...
 
And don't forget to clean everything really well at the end of the day before you bring anything inside.
 
If you're not a gardener, maybe you can create a different kind of free table. Maybe you are a great baker or make wonderful canned goods. Or else you can put out a table of old books or magazines or toys that you are finished with.
 
You never know how you can be a blessing to someone else! It might be the one random act of kindness that could make all the difference to a total stranger.
Share kindness and stay healthy...
 

4 comments :

  1. Your ideas are not only wonderful but filled with a kindness for others. I love the books and magazines one. I am going to do that and add some potted flowers to make it cheerful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wonderful! I'm so glad you like the idea. I wish we were could visit each other. Blessings to you and yours!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I bet you have some magazines around!!! Miss you guys! XOXO

      Delete